Digitally Mediated Information Services

These are my opinions alone and not necessarily those of my employer... in fact the lawyers would rather I said nothing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tucson, Arizona, United States

I am the Director of the School of Information Resources and Library Science. I am primarily interested in digital data gathering in the field, analysis, synthesis and visualization to impact environmental decision making.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Digitally Mediated Information Services

Digital Libraries are more than collections of books. They are collections of people with specialized skills to organize and distribute information. Theya re also places for people to meet to work on information tasks. Digital information services, such as blogs, wikis and podcasts can play a critical role in the collection and dissemination of information in digital libraries. Here we will explore some of the issues involved is using these services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home